The most effective method to Replace DC Motor Gearbox on Fifth Wheel Landing Gear
The most effective method to Replace DC Motor Gearbox
On our 24′ Arctic Fox the DC engine that drives the arrival apparatus is obviously unmistakable inside an external compartment. Fortunately, this makes it effectively open for support. I found a way to supplant our gearbox, and offer a couple of tips and precautionary measures beneath to help any individual who may need to do likewise. 5th wheel landing gear diagram
- Remove the holding jolt from the sliding sheath on the square shaft that drives the contrary leg. Slide the sheath back to uncover the gearbox drive shaft that forces leg development.
- Remove plastic retainer that verifies gearbox onto drive shaft so engine gathering can be expelled from leg. A little screw holds this set up.
- Slide gearbox with engine connected off the drive shaft, moving the pole to inverse leg aside as essential. The manual supersede drive shaft connected to the gearbox will effectively slide out of its lodging.
NOTE: If your engine has abundant wiring connected, there is no compelling reason to separate any wires. Essentially rest the engine with wires still connected on the compartment floor or a table outside the entryway. On the off chance that you should disengage wires, make sure to stamp them for simple reference. 5th wheel landing gear diagram
- Remove DC engine from the joined gearbox.
NOTE: Four jolts join the engine to the gearbox, yet just the two long jolts should be evacuated. In the event that you do evacuate a short jolt, supplant it to keep the engine flawless and expel the two longer ones.
- Note the arrangement and position of the gearbox as you evacuate it, and supplant it with the upgraded one.
- Re-join the engine get together onto the drive shaft by moving the contrary leg shaft aside and embeddings the manual abrogate shaft into its lodging. At that point adjust the middle drive nut of the gearbox onto the drive shaft.
I fail to do as such, just to find that the new gearbox fit incredibly firmly on the drive shaft. I helped this by expelling the engine from the gearbox so I could all the more effectively compel it into spot, at that point re-appending the engine.
- Activate landing apparatus switch (or utilize manual supersede wrench) to appropriately position the screw gap in the drive shaft so you can re-join the plastic retainer.
In the event that you have moved the engine subsequent to joining the gearbox to the leg, guarantee that the two legs are a similar length before continuing. Measure the good ways from the edge to the lower end of the sliding segment on the contrary leg, and broaden or withdraw the leg with the engine connected to coordinate.
- Re-join the contrary leg drive shaft, changing the drive shaft as expected to adjust the jolt gap by enacting the arrival apparatus switch somewhat, or utilizing the manual abrogate wrench.
- Secure the contrary leg drive shaft with the holding jolt.
Ideally you have no parts left finished, and when you test the engine the riggings murmur like a little cat with no thick clamors or moving about of the engine.
Deterrent Maintenance to Avoid Landing Gear Repair
After full-timing for over five years, harm to our all around utilized rigging box is not out of the ordinary. Northwood, in any case, educated me that over-broadening the legs can cause additional weight on the gearbox possibly harming the riggings. Strangely enough, I dismembered our old gearbox with getting an image of some harmed riggings, however everything gave off an impression of being unblemished. I was consoled, notwithstanding, to hear that the arrival apparatus engine once in a while turns sour, and my supposition that the riggings were going out was right. I kept my old one for extra parts in the event that something goes wrong.5th wheel landing gear diagram